A number of events each year in the Diocese of Venice are intended to raise awareness and money for critical Catholic Charities programs.
The annual charity events come at a time when the need and the demand for services from Catholic Charities is higher than ever before.
â€śThese events are an important component of supporting the many programs that help more and more people each year,â€ť said Peter Routsis-Arroyo, chief executive officer of Catholic Charities. â€śWithout the generous support of those who attend these events we would not be able to help as many people as we do.â€ť
Bishop Frank J. Dewane will be the host at each event. The mix of events will include an array of festivities, from elegant dinning and dancing, to Mardis Gras and country and western-themed events. Each wil have music along with live and silent auctions.
Catholic Charities is a not-for-profit social service agency that provides services in the 10-county diocese. In 2010, the agency assisted more than 40,000 people through 38 programs assisting individuals and families in need with a small, but committed staff and dedicated volunteers.
The following is a complete listing of the Catholic Charities events in the coming months:
- Sarasota Charities Ball, Jan 28, Ritz Carlton, Sarasota. Benefits Sarasota and Manatee counties. Raffle tickets available for one year of free tuition at a Diocese of Venice school. Contact Jeanette Wozniak, 941-355-4680, ext. 311; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bethesda House Mardis Gras, Feb. 18, Sarasota Yacht Club, Sarasota. Bethesda House in Sarasota is a program to help people with HIV/AIDS. Contact Jeanette Wozniak, 941-355-4680, ext. 311; or email@example.com.
- Our Motherâ€™s House wine tasting and dinner auction, Feb. 23, Plantation Golf and Country Club, Venice. Our Motherâ€™s House in Venice is a transitional residential program for homeless mothers and infants, assisting the women with education, job pursuits, child care and parenting skills. Contact 941-485-6264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venetian Charity Ball, March 3, 2012, Hyatt Regency Coconut Point, Fort Myers. Benefits Catholic Charities of Lee County. Contact Cheryl Roman, 239-823-7928; or email email@example.com.
- Boots and Bandannas Dinner Dance, March 10, 2012, Kingsway Country Club, Lake Suzy. Event benefits the many programs of Catholic Charities of DeSoto County. Contact 863-494-1068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emerald Ball, March 17, 2012, Ritz Carlton Tiburon Golf Resort, Naples. Benefits Catholic Charities of Collier County. Contact 239-455-2655 or email email@example.com.
Print this entry