Job Title: Diocesan Director of Religious Education
Reports to: Director of Education
Classification: Exempt, Full Time
This position promotes the evangelizing mission of the Church to form disciples of Jesus Christ by directing and moderating all the catechetical activities within the parishes of the Diocese of Venice in Florida.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate program effectiveness and provide feedback to Directors of Religious Education making recommendations for curricular adjustments.
- Develop and design programs that will enhance the overall teachings of the Diocese
- Support parish directors of Religious Education and catechists to provide the best level of education to their parishioners
- Direct and Develop Directors of Religious Education and encourage continuing education through our Institute of Catholic Studies
- Identify and develop new resources to enhance faith formation at every level including the use of media and technology in communication
- Develop online coursework and use of webinars and virtual meetings to meet the challenges of geographical distance in the Diocese
- Manage a budget related to all projects within this Ministry
- Travel and Evening/Weekend work required
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Theology or Religious Education
- 8-10 yearsâ€™ experience in a religious education/catechesis setting
- Practicing Catholic in good standing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent platform skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) desired
Please respond by sending a resume to email@example.com along with your salary history. Only those candidates which satisfy the qualifications will be contacted.
Print this entry