Title: Project Manager, Building Commission
Diocese of Venice in Florida, Inc.
Location: Venice, FL
Reports to: Director, Building Commission
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
The Catholic Diocese of Venice in Florida is seeking a qualified individual to assist the Director of Building and Construction. This individual should be self-motivated and be highly proactive. Areas of expertise should be familiarity and knowledge of standard and practical applications of all building mechanisms and methodologies. The position is full time and would entail travel to 10 counties under the jurisdiction of the Diocese.
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage contracts including the review and processing of change orders.
- Review and approve contractor pay requests in a timely order.
- Solicit bids from various sub consultants and specialty vendors which includes following up with status review questions.
- Execute and generate specialty contracts to architects, civil engineers and any specialty contractors.
- Update all real-estate and construction project databases.
- Act as a liaison between all parties involved on projects, which includes parishes, schools, etc.
- Attend project meetings, create meeting minutes and ensure issues are addressed on a timely manner.
- Assist with all parties involved with maintaining the construction schedule.
- Manage the close out process in a timely fashion.
- Understand all policy and procedures.
- Participate in all training activities.
- Assist in all and any risk management activities and seminars
- Perform other functions as may be requested
- Be flexible in schedule as sporadic weekend work may be incorporated.
- Assist with the clerical duties of the Administrative assistant if needed.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree in any of the related building fields. Which could include but not be limited to, engineering, construction, architecture, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing multi-million dollar building projects.
- Strong relationship building skills.
Please send your resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position and are of interest will be contacted.
Print this entry